Onco Heamatology is the branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of disorders of the nervous system, which include the brain, blood vessels, muscles and nerves. Onco Heamatology deals with the diagnosis and treatment of all categories of conditions and disease involving the central and peripheral nervous systems (and their subdivisions, the autonomic and somatic
nervous systems), including their coverings, blood vessels, and all effector tissue, such as muscle. The nervous system is a complex, sophisticated system that regulates and coordinates body activities. It has two major divisions:
- Central nervous system: the brain and spinal cord
- Peripheral nervous system: all other neural elements, such as eyes, ears, skin, and other "sensory receptors"
Highly specialized team approach
We believe that the best results stem from comprehensive neurological care, involving a team of experts from many areas of Onco Heamatology. Therefore, our team consists of specially trained personnel in dealing with removal of brain tumours, treatment of various neurovascular diseases, trauma and other complex conditions requiring surgical intervention. We are also constantly in the process of developing promising protocols for neurological diseases that are otherwise extremely difficult to treat with conventional therapies.
- Epilepsy comprehensive program involves dealing with stroke, movement disorders, headache, vertigo and neuromuscular disorders. We also provide services for pediatric care and epilepsy which is unique to Savera.
- Clinical neurophysiology program includes epilepsy monitoring that is carried out in both ways, short-term and long-term. Along with this, we also carry out electroencephalography, electroneuromyography and botox for headache, movement disorders and cerebral palsy.
- Intra-operative neuroelectrophysiology involves electrocorticogarphy, cortical stimulation, and invasive subdural and depth electrode placement for refractory epilepsy.
Our neuro-intensive care program is a multidisciplinary program dedicated to treating patients with the most severe and acute neurological disease. Our qualified team of critical care professionals provides treatment for patients with intracranial haemorrhage, subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAV), cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT).
Neuro-Rehabilitation team at Savera plays a key role in providing specialist rehabilitation and management services for patients with neurological conditions. Our goal is to offer our patients with efficient and comprehensive neurological rehabilitation that will enable them to live as independently as possible.